MTConnect (Manufacturing Technology Connectivity) is a standard based on an open protocol for data integration. MTConnect® is not intended to replace the functionality of existing products, but it strives to enhance the data acquisition capabilities of devices and applications and move toward a plug-and-play environment to reduce the cost of integration.
MTConnect® is built upon the most prevalent standards in the manufacturing and software industry, maximizing the number of tools available for its implementation and providing the highest level of interoperability with other standards and tools in these industries.
This site is a community portal providing information for implementation best practices and to share experiences for connecting devices on the shop floor. This site will have associations with various open source project housed on the MTConnect github site: http://github.com/mtconnect . All material contributed on this site becomes part of the public domain licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 license.
- Terminology - A list of terms related to MTConnect
- Protocol – In-depth MTConnect Agent protocols including streaming using push based protocols
- Fault Tolerance – Making Your Application Fault Tolerant
- Near Real Time – How to get near real time response from MTConnect
- C++ Agent – Reference C++ Agent
- Adapters - Various adapter implementations